Friday, February 18, 2011

what i liked most about hong kong

About a year before Steve and I decided to adopt from China, I asked him where he wanted to visit.
You know, anywhere in the whole world-type-of-question.
Without much hesitation, he said London and Hong Kong.
Two springs later we were in London.
With Henry.
And Eliana--in my belly.
Look at Henry, playing at a water park in front of London Bridge.
And then there I am at the Easy Hotel. 
I am smiling and giddy because we are about to leave. 
Insomnia plagued my nights there.
Insomnia and an active 15 month old.
Active--asleep and awake.
 So...back to Hong Kong.
Steve and I left two days early for China.
We spent it in Hong Kong.
I really, really liked Hong Kong.
Mountains.
Exotic trees.

Salt water.
Out door escalators.
The Peak.

Hello Kitty.

So much to report about that city.
I think I liked the open markets the best.
Lame?
Don't care.
The bird market.




 The flower market.




The fish market.
Not to eat.
Alive, swimming around coral and all kinds of green and blue and gorgeous.
No pictures allowed.
Oh well. 
I will remember Brian and Tony(short for Antoinette).
A couple we met at the Peak.
They had flown to Bali and married on the beach.
Then to Thailand and out of Hong Kong.
They are generous souls.

Henry just turned 4.

People ask if I can believe it. 
You know, time flies and all.
I can believe it. 
3 kids later.
A business later.
London.
Hong Kong.


A full, beautiful, crazy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment