Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Xmas card pics

We never got around to printing and sending out family xmas cards this year.
Steve's clients got their goodies though, and that felt like a vital feat.
I took some amazing shots of the kids.
If you scrolled through them consecutively, it's a slow-motion movie.
Anyway, here are some of my favorites.
Happy New Year!
Eliana getting Jia ready...


Henry wants to kiss his princess...


 Eliana is not persuaded....(love that!)


Come on, it's Henry, your brother!


Lu(cy) wants in on the fun...


 She does it her own way...


Elle is patient...








If I had sent just one to family and friends, it probably would have been this last one (below). This picture represents the kids pretty well- dressed up, ornery, with the dog by their side. But, it's not the norm. The norm is all the others--the interruptions, the negotiating, the making up, the unseen (jia was playing with stickers in one shot--they eventually ended up on her cheek). 

So often I find I have a one-dimensional view of myself and others. I believe my life should go a certain way, assume that others' do. Much of the true living, the true, hard and ugly loving goes unseen, untouched, silenced. For myself I've decided to talk about it more. Talk about the so-called weeding, and tilling, and the work that goes on in the winter, as the soil rests.  For now, here is one beautiful moment with Henry, Eliana and Jia.


No comments:

Post a Comment