Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh...I've missed you so!!!!!

It has been too long.
I've been in a rut.
A too-busy-to-blog rut.
And, that is just wrong.
I didn't capture some of the best parts of the last several days on film. So, I am starting with a list of highlights.
  • Volunteered at our church's free medical clinic to pray with whoever wants to pray. The nights I spend at the clinic fill me with peace and humility. Such a blessing.
  • A workshop for mom's only on disciplining your kids. Honestly, I felt like such an -ss of a mom and a failure. But, I also felt encouraged, and thankful that I am loved and judged ultimately by grace, and maybe someday I can impart that better to my family, and especially my children.
  • Some dear old friends and colleagues for dinner.
  • An evening of dinner and fund raising with more friends.
  • Sunshine
  • Mud
  • Meeting with some school folks--looks like I am heading back into the classroom for some short-term subbing at the end of the school year. (yae!)
  • Led a little Bible chat from Ephesians for our house church.
And, of course, there are a few pictures of what is new or cute or...actually repulsive around our house.
There has been way, way too much of this...

I am sorry.
I know it's gross. But, really.
After all the bitter cold days, there was a heck of a lot of that to pick up in the yard.
And, I have been in real deep in it with the kids too.
One of them isn't going where he is supposed to go--on purpose.

Moving on... I just adore this picture of sweet Elle. Not sure about the extra white light - would like to learn more about photography.
I am not always good about diversifying the veggie choices.
I don't care much for peas, but I thought the kids might.
Guess I was right.
Elle did this one night, unprompted.
Henry followed.

It's funny, I always expected the eldest child to lead and teach the younger one. Odd how that isn't always the case. Strange how the 3-year-old relishes the fun of acting like a 15-month-old (all the ill-manners) and how the 15-month-old picks up so quickly all the quirks like banging and screaming from the 3-year-old.
Sigh.
Smile.
There have been too many faces like this
Eliana is so expressive.
I love her.
Please come check in again...I promise not to be gone this long again for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment