Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Birthdays

Yesterday I turned 36.
I reflect often, especially on birthdays.
My blog doesn't look the way I envision it.
Not colorful enough. The layout isn't right.
 I have a lot to learn.

My house is dusty, it's been a few weeks.
I really wanted to clean the house for my birthday.
But, I didn't.

Do you remember when you were younger and birthdays were magical?
Everyone and everything just seemed "right" and, well, quite lovely.
Five years ago, I got out of the shower, put a little product in my hair, and it looked like this:
 

Then, this happened...
 


And then this...
 

  

Yesterday, I got out of the shower, put a little product in my hair, and I looked like this...(you may want to cover your eyes)

 

Yesterday, I was making myself a birthday cake. I turned around- REALLY, Elle!?!

Henry didn't nap either, even though it was my birthday. In fact, I wanted to get a picture of him, and look--
 
I persevered...
 

Birthdays are just different now. 
That's o.k. 
I got lots of calls and emails--thanks.
I hosted our Women's Bible study last night. 
Besides the women, some wine, flowers, cards, and these came too.
You know what else about my new life, the one where my hair looks terrible, and my kids don't always do what I want or think I need them to do?

Well, about that life,
 
  
 
  



 
 


3 comments:

  1. Bravo Nicole, what a wonderful way to honor you family and the Lord on your birthday. You are growing,my dear...I LOVE YOU. Praise God for what wonderful ways your life has been blessed, what fun, too.

    How did you get the letters over the pictures, very creative technique.
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, let me be a completely shallow commenter and just say that I actually really like your hair straight--especially in the "I" picture. It's classy swept to the side like that. :)

    ReplyDelete