Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Boy-friends





We took this last Wednesday, Henry's first day of preschool. He jumped right in...no crying, no looking back. When I went to pick him up the teacher said he fit right in. He ran over to me, said with a smile, "Hi mama! I'm not ready to go yet!" And then ran toward his new buddies--wrestling, jumping, dancing, generally harassing.
As I was strapping him into his car seat to go home I asked him,
"What was your favorite part of school?"
He raised his hands up and said, "All MY boy-friends!!!!!"
Who wouldn't want to be a friend with Henry, who does stuff like this:


Those who know me well know that being at home full-time has been a bumpy transition. Taking Henry to preschool gave me a taste of the reality looming in our future: school, going out into the world, being replaced by all his friends.
I am resolving to take more deep breaths and enjoy the ride more.

2 comments:

  1. We loved NBCC and, wow, Henry is already a cool kid! Love that first shot of him--big kid, Nicole! He's turning into a big kid. Oppositely from the his "boyfriend" note, John as he is getting down from dinner tonigh, starts into this spontaneous little dance and says in a sing-song voice, "I've got a girlfriend. Yeah!" Nathan and I exchange sideways glances. John goes on to tell us that he "has three girlfriends. Wendy, Lily, and Abby. They fight over me. But only one can be my bride." Talk about taking a deep breath (after I suppressed my laughter). :) Also, John still talks about when Henry bit our candle (ha!)--we need to hang out Laings/Whites sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minus the "the" in line 3 por favor and add a "t" in line 4. Yikes, better proofing next time! :)

    ReplyDelete